The coaches have voted! Your May 2019, Athlete of the Month is Starr Rounds. When you talk about being fearless and having courage I think of Starr. Not only did he decide to start his CrossFit career in his 70's, he has excelled to say the least. Losing weight, becoming stronger, and more mobile were all goals when he started and he has surely gained in all three areas. It's been a treat having Starr in the gym. He can match wits with anyone, and has a sense of humor second to none.
I remember the first day Starr walked in to check out what this "big bad CrossFit" thing is all about, and he came in to see what CrossFit was all about and he has been in the gym everyday since then.
Thank you Starr for all that you do to make Bion a better place!
Below is a Q&A I had with Starr. Enjoy!
1. How did you find out about Bion CrossFit? You built it practically on my doorstep. I was curious about what you were doing and had never seen anything quite like it. Thought I’d try it.
2. What did you eat for breakfast?
3. Whatdo/did you do for a living?
Practiced employment and discrimination law.
4. How has staying physically fit helped you in your day to day life?
Kept me on my feet and allowed me to do things outdoors that I might not otherwise have been able to do.
5. What advice would you give other senior masters athletes looking to get involved with CrossFit or Training at Bion?
To definitely try it and stay away from Stevie.
6. Best book of all time?
Too many to list. Brothers Karamazov.
7. Fitness Goals for 2019?
8. You get to reverse the roll and be Brandons trainer for the day. What workout would you make him do?
Oh boy! One hour AMRAP: 100 wall balls, 100 burpees, 30 muscle ups, run 3 miles. I may regret this.
9. You get to pick one pump up song to listen to before you workout, what is it?
Not going to answer this. Could not put up with the S**T Stevie would give me.