Athlete of the Month for October 2020 Allen Nichols
Published October 1, 2020
The staff has voted! Winning Athlete of the Month for October 2020, is Allen Nichols. It's not uncommon to see Allen be the first one to the gym every morning. He's determined, driven, and always gives 110%. On top of this, he is an easy guy to get along with, is always kind to the staff, and has been a long time loyal member.Allen thank you for all that you do to help make Bion a better place! Below is a Q&A that I had with Allen:1. Can you tell us how you got started working out?I’ve been playing sports and working out as long as I can remember. My first experience with CrossFit was at GTX in 2013.2. What motivates you to never miss a workout?Trying to keep up with my wife who is an amazing athlete.
3. What do you do for a living and what got you interested in that for a career?I’ve been an aircraft mechanic for over 20 years.4. Best lift?After two years of training with Momo, I got my squat from 185 to 395!
5. Favorite pump-up music?
Any EDM unless I’m deadlifting. It has to be heavy metal for deadlifts.
6. Fitness goals for the rest of 2020?
Trying to work on my cardio and keep getting stronger.
7. If you could make one movement in CrossFit magically disappear what would it be?
8. Favorite travel destination?
Anywhere with a beach.
9. You get to design a workout named, "Allen," what would it be?
5 RFT Row 500 M and 20 pushups