Welcoming our newest coach Cindy Hartin!
Published October 22, 2019
We are pleased to announce Bion just got even better with the hiring of Coach Cindy Hartin! Knowing of Cindy and all of her qualifications I was very pleased to see her resume come across my desk. Besides her overall job knowledge, kind spirit, humble attitude, and drive to continually get better made it an easy fit for us. She will be a tremendous asset to the gym, and we couldn't be happier to have her here. Welcome Cindy!
A little bit about Cindy.
L1 CrossFit, CrossFit Rowing and Concept 2 Rowing, and ACE Personal Trainer
Cindy’s favorite saying is, ‘Hey, if I can try something new, you can too!” As a masters athlete, Cindy
discovered CrossFit later in life. After moving to Tucson in 2013, a friend of hers recommended she join a CrossFit gym. Cindy had never heard of CrossFit even though fitness and wellness have been her passion for over 20 years. After a few personal training sessions, she jumped into a class and has never looked back. With a background in healthcare management, massage therapy and most recently, owning her own senior care referral business, Cindy is focused on helping all ages, especially those over 50 with their fitness goals. Cindy enjoys hiking, biking, cooking and trying new things as well as spending time with her husband, Tim and their two dogs, Hud and Daisy.
And of course I had to have a Q&A with her! Enjoy.
1. The single most important question members of Bion want to know is what is your Fran time? I love Fran. If I can complete Fran in under 6 minutes, I am happy for the day!
2. Every Friday in 0530 CrossFit Class Coach Steph allows everyone to pick one song to listen to. Just so we are warned, what song can we expect you to pick? Black Betty, please!
3. Last book you read? I'm studying for my Senior Fitness Specialist Certificate so I am reading my textbooks.
4. What was is about Bion that attracted you to the job? The community. What an awesome opportunity to be around a great group of athletes who have fun working out and getting healthy.
5. What are your fitness goals for the next 12 months? After five years of CrossFit I am still working on my gymnastics. You will see me working on muscle up and handstand drills whenever I have a chance. Besides, it's fun!
6. How long have you been into fitness? Because I grew up on a dairy farm in Wisconsin, exercise and manual work have always been in my life. But, I didn't start an exercise program until I went to college. Then, working out became fun. In my twenties, I started mountain biking competitively, went to massage school and started learning about nutrition and performance. Fitness and wellness have been my focus ever since.
7. Isabel or Grace? Grace for sure.
8. Favorite movement to coach? Kipping Pull ups.
9. I know you are passionate about Rowing, what is it about the Rower that you love so much? What's funny about my love for rowing is that when I started, I absolutely hated it. Coming from a cycling background, I could not get the timing, at all. But, I kept at it and would not let the erg win. And, then it finally clicked. The erg teaches hip hinge, leg drive and patience that applies to so many other movements. It's pure beauty.
10. A client drops a barbell from overhead with 10lb bumpers loaded on it which is obviously frowned upon, what should his or her punishment be? 100 burpees or 100 wall balls. Their choice...